Questions About What to Do After a Procedure?
If you'd recently had a procedure done, you're likely looking for Post Operative Instructions - you've come to the right spot!
- Any hard candy
- Popcorn or anything that can crack a tooth.
- Ibuprofen (Motrin 800mg)
- Taking ibuprofen will help minimize pain and swelling after the procedure
- Narcotic (Vicoden, Percocet, or Lortab)
- Take this if the discomfort is affecting your sleep.
- Note: Do not take this and operate a car or any heavy machinery because it will make you drowsy.
- Antibiotics (Pen VK or Clindamycin)
- Start taking this prescription if you start to experience swelling and pain.
- Persistent swelling not tapering off after 4 days
- Persistent pain not tapering off after 7-10 days.
- Temporary filling falls out.